65.8 F
Laguna Hills
Monday, Jul 22, 2024
-Advertisement-

Vegan Food Wholesaler to Use Cold Storage Network

LaneAxis Pact For US, Foreign Vendors

Newport Beach’s GTFO It’s Vegan, which calls itself the largest online vegan and plant-based retailer and wholesaler in the country with over 1,000 national and international vendors, has linked up with Huntington Beach freight-focused technology firm LaneAxis Inc. to ensure its partners’ frozen and refrigerated food can be properly transported across the U.S.

LaneAxis’ software is being used to connect GTFO vendors with a network of over 8,000 cold storage facilities and specialized freight haulers, so that they can book available cold storage space on a centralized platform.

Traditionally, companies like GTFO It’s Vegan used freight brokers to help them find carriers for their shipments. The process is time-consuming and expensive, according to GTFO It’s Vegan co-founder and CEO Marc Pierce.

“A lot of people don’t realize that 97% of the industry is independent truckers,” LaneAxis CEO Rick Burnett said. “You have over 1.5 billion trucking companies that haul freight and they can’t contractually deal with each other.”

LaneAxis says its technology eliminates the need to contact freight brokers. This reduces costs and time spent on finding available carriers.

“Navigating logistics with over 1,000 brands was very tough,” Pierce told the Business Journal. “Through the pandemic, cold shipping space got sucked off and it became more difficult for aspiring companies to put their product anywhere.”

Pierce worked with Burnett to bring the products of GTFO It’s Vegan’s vendors, many of whom are located overseas, to the U.S. About 70% of GTFO It’s Vegan’s products are frozen while the remaining 30% are either refrigerated or shelf-stable, according to Pierce.

GTFO It’s Vegan, co-founded by Pierce and his wife, Tanya, in 2020, recently launched a product-testing division for companies looking to develop new vegan or plant-based products. The company will take samples from vendors and deliver the product to customers, who will then give feedback to the vendor.

Pierce has previously held consultant roles at EY and PwC. He also serves as the CEO of Newport Beach software company Stonegate Advisors LLC.

Want more from the best local business newspaper in the country?

Sign-up for our FREE Daily eNews update to get the latest Orange County news delivered right to your inbox!

-Advertisement-

Featured Articles

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-

Related Articles

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-