A crowd of more than 400 members of Orange County’s corporate and legal communities gathered to honor this year’s top in-house lawyers at the Business Journal’s fifth annual General Counsel Awards.
The event, held Sept. 23 at Hotel Irvine, honored five lawyers in four categories, with University of California-Irvine School of Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky serving as master of ceremonies (see related event photos, left).
The honorees, selected from a pool of 39 nominees, were:
• Christopher Lal, vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary of Tilly’s Inc. in the Public Company category;
• Aimee Weisner, corporate vice president and general counsel of Edwards Lifesciences Corp. in the Public Company category;
• Michael Baroni, general counsel of Palace Entertainment Inc. in the Privately Held Company category;
• Rouz Tabaddor, vice president and chief intellectual property counsel of CoreLogic Inc. in the Rising Star category;
• Bill Scarff, vice president and associate general counsel of Allergan Inc., in the category of Outstanding Contribution to a Public Company, a special category that was created this year.
The Business Journal will profile each of the honorees in our Oct. 6 issue.