A number of Orange County’s top entrepreneurs were honored on March 10 at the 15th annual Business Journal Entrepreneurs of the Year awards lunch, which drew a crowd of about 340 to Hotel Irvine.
The five winners, selected from 106 nominees, are:
- Brian Meshkin of Irvine-based Proove Biosciences Inc.;
- Bruno Serato of Anaheim White House;
- Don DiCostanzo of Irvine-based Pedego Electric Bikes;
- Twila True of Irvine-based True Investments LLC; and
- Steve and Alexis Schulze of Santa Ana-based Nekter Juice Bar Inc.
Gary Jabara, chief executive and founder, of Newport Beach-based Mobilitie gave the keynote address. Jabara, an honoree last year, reminded the crowd of the importance of saying "thank you" to customers, colleagues and employees as part of a presentation that commanded the attention of the ballroom.
Each honoree will be profiled in the March 21 issue of the Business Journal.