75.1 F
Laguna Hills
Friday, Sep 30, 2022
-Advertisement-

Kia Sets Up for Touchdown With New Sorento Ads

Kia Motors America Inc. in Irvine is promoting its 2016 Sorento crossover in a new marketing campaign that’s airing during “NBC Sunday Night Football” broadcasts.

The automaker’s agency of record, David&Goliath, created the campaign’s three TV spots, titled “Participation,” “Great Game” and “Pants.” They take “a lighthearted approach to claiming Kia’s largest CUV is capable of handling anything football families throw at it.” That includes doing away with “participation” trophies or silently accepting the fact that your kid may not grow up to be the next Tom Brady.

“Sunday Night Football attracts the largest primetime audience and provides an excellent opportunity to connect with football fans and showcase the premium utility experience of Kia’s largest and most capable CUV ever,” said Tim Chaney, Kia’s vice president of marketing communications, in a statement.

The brand spent $380 million on media placements last year, according to New York-based Kantar Media.

No Doubt Alliance

Urban Decay Cosmetics LLC plans to kick off its first celebrity designer collaboration next month. The Newport Beach-based company partnered with singer Gwen Stefani, “who worked closely with [the brand], guiding every detail of the collection, from the shades to the packaging,” the company said.

Chief Creative Officer Wende Zomnir has been friends with OC native Stefani for years and “spent countless hours at [her] house, talking makeup” and “creating the exact shades she always wished she had in her collection.”

“We’ve always been such huge fans of Gwen’s work,” Zomnir said in a statement. “We’ve wanted to make this project happen for years, and finally it was the right time. We found a true partner in her, and it was amazing to channel her energy and creativity into these products. She truly represents the Urban Decay spirit.”

The makeup collection is scheduled to launch Nov. 22. Urban Decay’s parent L’Oreal spent $2.2 billion on media placements last year, according to Kantar.

Auto Marketing

Autobytel Inc. in Irvine said it increased its stake in Miami-based AutoWeb Inc. from 15% to full ownership. The all-stock buy, worth about $24 million for the remaining 85%, will provide the automotive marketing company with AutoWeb’s suite of products designed to help car dealers increase sales.

“The addition … should dramatically strengthen our position as a technology leader in the online automotive industry,” Autobytel President and Chief Executive Jeff Coats said in a statement. “AutoWeb’s proprietary platform, combined with our cutting-edge analytics and consumer acquisition strategies … will help dealers and [vehicle manufacturers] better leverage their investments in website properties, especially as dealers increasingly shift advertising budgets from print to digital.”

Autobytel in May acquired Dealix Corp. from CDK Global Inc. in Hoffman Estates, Ill., for $25 million. Autobytel’s market value was about $225 million last week.

Bits & Pieces

John Wayne Airport kicked off its 26th annual Student Art Contest with a theme of “Airsports in Harmony with Nature.” … The Anaheim Packing District held two weekend Oktoberfest celebrations hosted by the Anaheim Brewery and featuring the German-American Brass Band of Southern California … Lamborghini Newport Beach unveiled the new Huracán LP 610-4 Spyder at a private event on Oct. 9 in Costa Mesa … Forge 54, an event organized by Torrey Tayenaka of the Sparkhouse creative agency in Newport Beach, brought together dozens of volunteers who put in hundreds of hours to create marketing materials for the Wells of Life nonprofit group … Driven Public Relations in Costa Mesa added portable jumpstarters manufacturer Weego to its roster of clients.

Previous articleUCI Campaign Hits $1B
Next articleUCI Campaign Hits $1B
-Advertisement-

Featured Articles

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-

Related Articles

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-