The Business Journal held its 20th annual Excellence in Entrepreneurship Awards ceremony virtually on May 6.
The event recognizes individuals nominated for their distinguished entrepreneurial spirit and their successful ventures established in the OC business community. Past award winners include Steve Jones in 2020, CEO of Allied Universal, who recently acquired London-based G4S plc in a $5.1 billion dollar deal, becoming the world’s seventh largest private employer.
Selected from 99 nominees, the five honorees were:
- Dr. Scott Shreeve of Crossover Health, a San Clemente-based healthcare provider.
- Emile Haddad of FivePoint Holdings LLC, a commercial real estate developer in Irvine.
- Deepak Garg of Smart Energy Water, a digital customer service and workforce energy provider in Irvine.
- Michl Binderbauer of TAE Technologies, a Foothill Ranch-based nuclear fusion technology company.
- Anthony Geisler of Xponential Fitness, an Irvine-based fitness franchisor.
The Business Journal will profile each entrepreneur in the May 17 print edition. To view the event, go to ocbj.com/bizevents/.