69.7 F
Laguna Hills
Monday, May 18, 2026

Conexant Ends $26M Land Deal in Newport Beach

Newport Beach-based chipmaker Conexant Systems Inc. said it has pulled out of a $26 million deal to sell buildings and land next to its headquarters.

In January, Conexant struck a deal with Santa Ana-based developer City Ventures LLC to sell 25 acres of land and two buildings totaling more than 450,000 square feet of space along Jamboree Road, near the Newport Beach-Irvine city line.

The move was made by Conexant as part of its effort to clean up its balance sheet by raising money and paying down debt.

The deal was supposed to close this month, but soon ran into issues. In early March, Conexant said that City Ventures was asking for an undisclosed lower price on the land, and that the sale’s closing would be delayed.

On Friday, Conexant said the agreement had been terminated. The chipmaker said it would consider alternatives for the real estate, including a sale to another party or retaining it for the foreseeable future.

City Ventures, one of the more active buyers of land in Southern California the past year, had eyed Conexant’s land for a housing development.

Want more from the best local business newspaper in the country?

Sign-up for our FREE Daily eNews update to get the latest Orange County news delivered right to your inbox!

Would you like to subscribe to Orange County Business Journal?

One-Year for Only $99

  • Unlimited access to OCBJ.com
  • Daily OCBJ Updates delivered via email each weekday morning
  • Journal issues in both print and digital format
  • The annual Book of Lists: industry of Orange County's leading companies
  • Special Features: OC's Wealthiest, OC 500, Best Places to Work, Charity Event Guide, and many more!

Mark Mueller
Mark Mueller
Mark is the former Editor-in-Chief and current Community Editor of the Orange County Business Journal, one of the premier regional business newspapers in the country. He’s the fifth person to hold the editor’s position in the paper’s long history. He oversees a staff of about 15 people. The OCBJ is considered a must-read for area business executives. The print edition of the paper is the primary source of local news for most of the Business Journal’s subscribers, which includes most of OC’s major corporate and community players. Mark’s been with the paper since 2005, and long served as the real estate reporter for the paper, breaking hundreds of commercial and residential real estate stories. He took on the editor’s position in 2018.

Featured Articles

Related Articles