More than 400 members of the Orange County business and legal community attended the 11th annual General Counsel Awards ceremony on Nov. 18.
The Business Journal event, held at the Irvine Marriott near John Wayne Airport, honored four individual legal execs, and one in-house legal team, who have made their marks on a variety of businesses, ranging from next-gen chipmakers and defense technology firms, to a TV and media powerhouse, to providers of earth-friendly cleaning supplies and fuel sources.
The event’s master of ceremonies was Erwin Chemerinsky, dean of the School of Law for the University of California, Berkeley.
Prior to the Bay Area position, Chemerinsky was the founding dean of University of California, Irvine’s law school.
Chemerinsky has been a frequent master of ceremonies for the Business Journal event, but missed the prior GC Awards ceremony, held in 2019, as he was arguing a case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Last year’s event was canceled due to the pandemic.
The five winners honored at the event were:
• Nate Jensen, of Clean Energy Fuels, in the Public Company category;
• Babak Siavoshy, of Anduril Industries, in the Private Company category;
• Robyn Babcock, of Broadcom, in the Specialty Counsel category;
• Amber Enriquez, of Earth Friendly Products, in the Rising Star category;
• Vizio, for the In-House Legal Team Award.
The Business Journal will profile the five winners in the Nov. 29 print edition of the paper.