Nearly 400 business leaders attended the Business Journal’s 13th annual General Counsel Awards, held Nov. 10. The event recognizes the significant role in-house counsels play in the success of businesses within the community.
Arnie Pinkston, corporate vice president and general counsel at Irvine’s Edwards Lifesciences Corp. (NYSE: EW), delivered the keynote address.
Pinkston, a 2017 award winner, previously served as GC at Allergan, where he successfully helped the company stymie a hostile takeover bid.
This year’s five honorees are:
• Franco Tenerelli, chief legal officer at Newport Beach homebuilder Landsea Homes Corp. (Nasdaq: LSEA), in the Public Company category.
• Jon Howell, general counsel of Irvine-based Hyperice, in the Private Company category.
• Njeri Mutura, assistant general counsel of strategic pursuits and complex technology transactions for Microsoft Corp., in the Specialty Counsel category.
• Linda Park, corporate secretary, SVP, and associate general counsel at Edwards Lifesciences, won the Rising Star Award.
• Alteryx Inc. (NYSE: AYX) won the In-House Legal Team Award.
For more on the winners, see the Nov. 21 print edition of the Business Journal.