Four Orange County resorts earned Automobile Club of Southern California’s AAA “Five Diamond Award” and 10 resorts and hotels earned AAA “Four Diamond” status for 2017.
Monarch Beach Resort and Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, both in Dana Point, and Montage Laguna Beach and Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Coast, earned the group’s highest honors, at the Five Diamond Level.
The 10 properties nabbing a Four Diamond nod were
• Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa in Anaheim
• Avenue of the Arts, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel in Costa Mesa
• Blue Lantern Inn and Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa in Dana Point
• Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa and Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel, in Huntington Beach
• Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach
• Balboa Bay Resort, Fairmont Newport Beach, and Island Hotel in Newport Beach
Riverside’s Mission Inn Hotel & Spa—owned by Orange County resident Duane Roberts—also was named a AAA Four Diamond property.
Automobile Club staff also rate restaurants and four OC locations earned Four Diamond status in the category: Napa Rose, at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; Raya, at Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel; the Cellar in Fullerton; and Studio, at Montage Laguna Beach.