Oculus Architecture LTD has moved its headquarters to Costa Mesa from the Chicago suburb of Hickory Hills.
The firm also promoted Chris Coonan from vice president to managing principal and president. It also announced Paul Sterner is its new executive vice president. He joined from San Francisco-based design firm Gensler.
Most of the firm’s partners already reside in Costa Mesa, though some will be in smaller offices in Walnut Creek, Kenosha, Wis., and Omaha, Neb.
The firm also announced the following people who will join as principals:
- Dennis Bonds, former president of Perlman Architects’ OC Office;
- John Abbasi, formerly with Perkowitz & Ruth Architects;
- Ramon Galvez-Arango, formerly with MCG Architects and MG2;
- Rudy Marin, formerly with RTKL, Altoon & Porter;
- Mike Manganaro, director of the firm’s Omaha studio,
- Richard Freres, formerly with Target Corp.
Oculus is a full-service architecture and engineering firm that has contracts with Fortune 100 companies. The company isn’t related to Oculus VR or Oculus the Motion Picture.