Nearly 650 hotel employees have been laid off in the past week as a result of temporary property closures, according to a recent WARN report from the state Employment Development Department.
The Hyatt Regency Orange County in Garden Grove is the largest affected, with 369 job cuts.
• Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort-Convention Center; 73 employees
• Hilton Garden Inn in Irvine; 70 employees
• Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest; 63 employees as a result of temporary closure
• Hampton Inn and Suites in Irvine; 47 employees as a result of temporary closure
• Holiday Inn Express in Costa Mesa; 17 temporary layoffs
All cuts are listed as temporary layoffs in the state filings.
Go here for more updates on how OC companies are responding to coronavirus.
For ongoing, in-depth coverage of coronavirus effects on OC businesses, see the Monday print edition of the Business Journal.