The Business Journal’s 10th annual General Counsel Awards celebrated the work and success of Orange County’s business in-house counsels at Hotel Irvine Wednesday night.
Matt Parlow, Dean of Chapman University’s Dale E. Fowler School of Law, spoke in his keynote of the honor and importance of the in-house counsel community.
The awards in five categories went to:
• Kendra Miller of Huntington Beach-based BJ’s Restaurants Inc., GC of a public company
• Burton Hong of Brea-based Coolsys Inc., for private companies
• Tracy A. Porter, senior VP and transactions counsel of Irvine-based Healthpeak Properties Inc., formerly HCP Inc., for specialty company
• Louis “Dutch” Schotemeyer, VP and associate GC of William Lyon Homes in Newport Beach, as “Rising Star”
• Taco Bell Corp. in Irvine, for in-house legal team.
The Business Journal will feature the award winners in the Nov. 25 print edition.