Share this article:
Five businesses were honored at the Business Journal’s 20th annual Family-Owned Business Awards luncheon on Tuesday at Hotel Irvine.
Joni Rogers-Kante, founder and chief executive of Foothill Ranch-based SeneGence International Inc., delivered the keynote address. The cosmetic and personal care network marketing company was honored last year at the event.
Rogers-Kante lauded OC family-owned enterprises that “make substantial and significant contributions to society as a whole—it makes me proud.”
There were 36 nominees. The 2019 winners are:
- Irvine-based market research firm Mackenzie Corp., for the small business category
- CosmetiCare Plastic Surgery Center and MedSpa, a Corona Del Mar-based aesthetic services company, for midsize business
- Pacifica Hotels, an Aliso Viejo-based boutique hotel collection, as a large business
- GrandPad Inc., an Orange-based consumer electronics company that makes tablets for seniors, for the up-and-coming company
- Anaheim-based Bedrosians Tile and Stone, one of the largest independent porcelain tile and stone importers and distributors in the U.S., for longevity
The Business Journal will profile each winner in the June 17 print edition.