Newport Beach-based PIMCO, one of the world’s largest investment firms, with $1.47 trillion in assets under management, appointed nine new managing directors.
The appointments are in addition to the 63 managing directors currently listed on PIMCO’s web page. The firm has a 10-member executive committee made up of managing directors who determine its strategic direction and oversees the broad scope of its operations.
The new managing directors are:
- Michael Cudzil, a senior member of the liability-driven investment portfolio management team with expertise in mortgage-backed securities.
- Sachin Gupta, head of the Global Desk, member of the European Portfolio Committee, and a rotating member of the Asia-Pacific Portfolio Committee.
- Alec Kersman, head of PIMCO Latin America and the Caribbean.
- John Kirkowski, a member of PIMCO’s executive office with responsibility for financial and strategic initiatives and with a specialization in credit strategies.
- Laurent Luccioni, head of the European commercial real estate team.
- Rene Martel, an executive in the Americas unit with a focus on liability-driven investments, asset allocation and asset-liability management strategies for pension funds and insurance companies.
- Roger Nieves, head of the enterprise coverage team within PIMCO’s U.S. Global Wealth Management group, overseeing strategic relationships with U.S. broker-dealers, banks and trust banks.
- Cathleen Stahl, head of global marketing overseeing brand, creative, advertising and content strategy.
- Eve Tournier, head of pan-European credit portfolio management, lead portfolio manager for global multisector credit strategies and dedicated European credit and European income-oriented portfolios.