Executives were honored in five categories Wednesday night at the Orange County Business Journal CFO of the Year awards, which drew a crowd of about 600 to the Hotel Irvine. The ceremony recognizes the pivotal roles chief financial officers play in their organizations.
The five winners, selected from a list of 32 finalists, are:
- Colin Severn of Newport beach-based William Lyon Homes Inc., for public companies;
- James Molloy of Irvine-based Alorica Inc., for privately held companies;
- Jo Ann Escasa-Haigh, of Providence St. Joseph Health in Irvine, for not-for-profit organizations;
- Joe McCarthy of Placentia -based Sunrise Growers Inc., for lifetime achievement;
- Dessi Sarabosing, of Cypress-based Real Mex Restaurants Inc., as a rising star.
Murray Rudin, managing partner of Los Angeles-based Riordan, Lewis & Haden Equity Partners, served as master of ceremonies.
Each of the honorees will be profiled in the Feb. 6 issue of the Business Journal.