Nine University of California-Irvine researchers have been named fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
New fellows will be formally announced Nov. 25 in the AAAS News & Notes section of the journal Science, which AAAS publishes, and be recognized on Feb. 18 at the organization’s annual meeting in Boston.
The nine from UCI are
- Tom Boellstorff, professor of anthropology
- Jonathan Feng, professor of physics & astronomy
- David Fruman, professor of molecular biology & biochemistry
- Ramesh Jain, Donald Bren Professor of Computer Science
- Elizabeth Loftus, Distinguished Professor of psychology & social behavior and criminology, law & society
- William Maurer, dean of the School of Social Sciences
- Hal Stern, Ted & Janice Smith Family Foundation Dean of the Donald Bren School of Information & Computer Sciences
- Sheryl Tsai, professor of molecular biology & biochemistry and
- Gene Tsudik, Chancellor’s Professor of computer science.
The AAAS is the world’s largest general scientific society.