The Shops at Mission Viejo is adding six tenants over the next few months, including apparel retailer Madewell, which is holding its grand opening celebration from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. today on the upper level near Forever 21.
- The Melt will open a 2,000-square-foot eatery and outdoor dining area next month across from the Cheesecake Factory on the lower level. The corner spot was previously occupied by Talbots, which moved into the space Foothill Ranch-based Wet Seal vacated during its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding last year.
- A Pea in the Pod, “featuring luxury and casual clothes for mommies-to-be,” will move into the second portion of the Talbots space this spring.
- Full Psycle, a full-body cycling studio, will also open in February, in the spot formerly leased by the Stride Rite children’s shoe store.
- Islands Fine Burgers & Drinks said it will move its restaurant at Kaleidoscope Shopping Center in July to the 7,300-square-foot Mission Viejo mall spot that Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlour & Restaurant vacated this month.
- Lingerie and loungewear retailer Soma is moving into the Nordstrom area on the lower level, the space luxury brand Coach vacated last year.
The Shops at Mission Viejo’s 150 stores and restaurants lineup also includes H&M, Macy’s, Apple and Sephora. The indoor mall is owned by Indianapolis-based Simon Property Group Inc.