Share this article:
Members of the Orange County business community celebrated seven winners during a luncheon Wednesday for the Business Journal’s 14th Annual Excellence in Entrepreneurship Awards.
A keynote address by Shaheen Sadeghi, founder and chief executive of Costa Mesa-based LAB Holding LLC—the developer behind retail centers that include the LAB Anti-Mall and The Camp in Costa Mesa as well as the Anaheim Packing District food hall, among other projects—set the stage for the focus on the latest crop of locally based companies to be honored for their entrepreneurial achievements.
Sadeghi told the crowd of about 300 that he believes U.S. culture is shifting back to a local focus and putting renewed value on local connections and crafted products after decades of trending toward fast-food and other cultural shifts.
The seven honorees, selected from a pool of 147 nominees this year, included:
- Dr. Robert Douk of Behavioral Health Works in Garden Grove
- Gary Jabara of Mobilitie LLC in Newport Beach
- Patricia and Rick Arvielo of New American Funding in Tustin
- Jason Koch and Newth Morris of Telogis Inc. in Aliso Viejo
- Carl Chang of Pieology Pizzeria in Rancho Santa Margarita
Profiles of the winners will appear in the March 30 print edition of the Business Journal.