Share this article:
A crowd of more than 400 members of Orange County's corporate and legal communities gathered to honor this year’s top in-house lawyers at the Orange County Business Journal's 5th annual General Counsel Awards.
The event, held Sept. 23 at Hotel Irvine, honored five lawyers in four categories, with University of California, Irvine School of Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky serving as master of ceremonies.
The honorees, selected from a pool of 39 nominees, were:
• Christopher Lal, vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary of Tilly’s Inc., in the Public Company category
• Aimee Weisner, corporate vice president and general counsel of Edwards Lifesciences Corp., in the Public Company category
• Michael Baroni, general counsel of Palace Entertainment Inc., in the Privately Held Company category
• Rouz Tabaddor, vice president and chief intellectual property counsel of CoreLogic Inc., in the Rising Star category
• And Bill Scarff, vice president and associate general counsel of Allergan Inc., in the category of Outstanding Contribution to a Public Company, a special category that was created this year.
The Business Journal will profile the honorees in our Oct. 6 issue.