The Business Journal’s 24th annual Women of the Year Awards on May 3 honored women for their exceptional work in business and other professional organizations. Julie Hill delivered the keynote address during the luncheon at Hotel Irvine.
Hill has been president and chief executive of Costain Homes, founded Hillside Development and The Hill Co., and served on multiple boards of directors and the Board of Trustees of University of California-Irvine. She’s currently a board member of Anthem and The Lord Abbett Family of Funds.
The five honorees were:
• Patty Arvielo, president of New American Funding in Tustin
• Sheng Wang, chief technology officer of AutoGravity in Irvine
• Shelley Hoss, president of Orange County Community Foundation in Newport Beach
• Nicole Suydam, chief executive of Second Harvest Food Bank of OC in Irvine
• Joni Rogers-Kante, founder, chief executive and chairwoman of SeneGence International Inc. in Foothill Ranch
The Business Journal will profile this year’s award winners in its May 21 print edition.