About 365 people attended the Business Journal’s Second Annual Innovator of the Year Awards luncheon at Hotel Irvine on Thursday.
Stuart Frost, chief executive and chairman of San Juan Capistrano-based Frost Data Capital, delivered the keynote address, in which he described the ability to recognize and act on serendipity as the most exciting opportunity about innovation. Frost Data Capital is a combined incubator and venture capital firm that has launched more than 20 technology startups.
The 2016 honorees are:
- Dr. Aaron Elliott, chief executive of Ambry Genetics in Aliso Viejo.
- Mitchell Brin, senior vice president for Global Drug Development and chief scientific officer for Allergan PLC's Botox unit in Irvine.
- Stuart McClure, founder/chief executive of Cylance Inc. in Irvine.
- Dr. Benjamin Park, founder/chief technology officer of Enevate Corp. in Irvine.
- Annette Walker, division president of Providence St. Joseph Health in Irvine.
The Business Journal will profile the Innovator of the Year Award winners in the Oct. 3 print edition.